Friday, August 26, 2011

Vocabulary word of the day: Quatrefoil

Ok class, how many of you know what the word "quatrefoil" means?  The word itself means "four leaves or petals" and it happens to be one of my favorite graphic patterns.  It looks like this:


The quatrefoil is very popular in architecture, as well as home design.  Here are some examples of my favorites:


I love this mirror!  It's a quatrefoil within a square.


Imagine this chandelier in your dining room!  Or foyer, or family room, oh heck, I would put it anywhere!





How I do love this architerctural detail!


Somewhere in my home, please!







 So, you get it!  I really love quatrefoil!  Just imagine the chills I got the other day when I came across these beauties in a local antiques mall!




A couple of coats of paint later and this is what they look like now:


I am taking several items that I have been working on this week to the booth today, including these!  I also have some gorgeous pillows!  I will post those later today.  Come and check out The Keeping Room! (In the Antiques Mall on Hwy 1 past San Jose)  Thanks y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment